Yield: 8 pieces
Cheesy Sweet Potato Bites
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- ½ lb sweet potatoes steamed
- 2 tbsp Simply Zero Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder
- 3 tbsp glutinous rice flour
- 1 stalk green onion chopped
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup vegan cheese or mozzarella
- Peel sweet potatoes, cut into smaller pieces, and steam for 15 minutes or until they are tender. Mash and let them cool down.
- Once cooled, add protein powder and glutinous rice. Add green onion, salt and pepper. Mix well with hands.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop sweet potato mixture, flatten with thumbs, add a pinch of cheese in the center, and fold all sides up and seal the sweet potatoes. Roll them into ball shape.
- Preheat a non-stick pan and drizzle with oil; turn to medium heat. Place sweet potato balls onto the pan; slightly flatten them with the back of the spoon. Cook for about 2 minutes or until crusted.
- Flip and again flatten. Cook for another 2 minutes. You may flip them a couple of times as needed. Serve immediately.